Why should you hire Joel Brigham for editing services?
I am an optimist. I see the world through the lens of what is good, and that has allowed me to help people find the precious hearts and souls of their stories. I am uniquely qualified to offer a variety of editing services, but primarily, I am a good person who just wants to help fellow writers.
While you could just take my word for it that I’m a good editor, I probably should spell out some credentials. Here goes:
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing and English Education and a master’s degree in teaching and learning.
- I am an agented author who has written five books, three of which are currently on submission.
- I am an editorial consultant at The Purcell Agency, where I help authors prepare their manuscripts for submission to editors and publishers.
- I was a PitchWars mentor in 2021.
- I have provided countless first-10-page critiques through Writing Day Workshops.
- I spent 12 years as a senior NBA writer for HoopsWorld and Basketball Insiders, where I worked closely with some fantastic editors.
- I have written and edited SEO blogs and web content for countless small businesses dating back to 2009.
In other words, writing is my life and has been for as long as I can remember. I know stories, and (perhaps more importantly) I know the best ways to provide constructive and helpful feedback. I’m also a great pep talker, and I love helping writers lean into the parts of their work that sparkle while elevating everything else in the process. I have never missed a deadline in my professional life and often complete work earlier than expected. Also, because I’ve been a teacher for almost two decades, I’ve fine-tuned my ability to balance constructive criticism with praise for areas that deserve it.
Editing services are an investment, and the work that follows can seem like a lot. However, those who put in that work often find that the process was worth the time, energy, and money. Whether you’re polishing a manuscript for querying agents or want the best final product possible for a self-publishing venture, I can help your project find the best version of itself. I’ve done a lot of good for a lot of people’s stories, and I know I can do the same for you.