Why should you hire Joel Brigham for editing services?
I am an optimist. I see the world through the lens of what is good, and that has allowed me to help people find the precious hearts and souls of their stories. I am uniquely qualified to offer a variety of editing services, but primarily, I am a good person who just wants to help fellow writers.
While you could just take my word for it that I’m a good editor, I probably should spell out some credentials. Here goes:
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing and English Education.
- I am an agented author who has written five books, three of which are currently on submission.
- I spent a year interning at The Purcell Agency, a literary agency based in Illinois. I remain an editorial consultant for existing clients there.
- I was a PitchWars mentor in 2021.
- I spent 12 years as a senior NBA writer for HoopsWorld and Basketball Insiders, where I worked closely with some fantastic editors.
- I have written and edited SEO blogs for countless small businesses dating back to 2009.
In other words, writing is my life and has been for as long as I can remember. I know stories, and (perhaps more importantly) I know the best ways to provide constructive and helpful feedback. I’m also a great pep talker, and I love helping writers lean into the parts of their work that sparkle while elevating everything else in the process. I have never missed a deadline in my professional life and often complete work earlier than expected. Also, because I’ve been a teacher for almost two decades, I’ve fine-tuned my ability to balance constructive criticism with praise for areas that deserve it.
Editing services are an investment, and the work that follows can seem like a lot. However, those who put in that work often find that the process was worth the time, energy, and money. Whether you’re polishing a manuscript for querying agents or want the best final product possible for a self-publishing venture, I can help your project find the best version of itself. I’ve done a lot of good for a lot of people’s stories, and I know I can do the same for you.