What Do I Need to Query Agents?
While query materials vary from agent to agent, nearly all of them are going to expect some sort of query letter and sample pages/chapters. Others may also want to see a synopsis. If you’re new to the querying process, don’t worry! There are a ton of resources available to help you get a query and a synopsis started. At some point, though, you may want help polishing them (as well as your first few chapters) to ensure that you’re putting your best foot forward for prospective agents.
What Does a Query Package Critique Cost?
You can either order these services a la carte as needed, or you can save by ordering a full query package critique.
- Query Letter Critique – $30. This includes a single pass at your query letter, including detailed in-line comments and summary comments.
- Synopsis Critique – $35. This includes a single pass at your synopsis (up to 1,000 words), including detailed in-line comments and summary comments.
- First 10 Pages Critique – $40. This includes a single pass at your first ten pages (up to 3,000 words), including detailed in-line comments and summary comments.
- Full Query Package Critique – $99. This includes all three of the above services (query letter critique, synopsis critique, and first ten pages critique).
- Re-Read Report – $7 per 1,000 words. If you’d like me to take a second look at the first 10 pages, I can do that and provide a summary of any further revisions that may be necessary.
How Long Does a Query Package Critique Take to Complete?
The full query package critique will take one week from the scheduled start date. Individual services (query letter critique, synopsis critique, or first ten pages) will be returned within three days of the scheduled start date.
How Do I Book a Query Package Critique?
To book a query package critique or any a la carte query editorial services, please complete a contact form. I can answer any questions you may have and then get you on the schedule as soon as there’s an opening. It really is that easy!